About Jaynie L. Smith
Keynote Speaker, Best-Selling Author, Consultant and CEO
Jaynie L. Smith has earned the title: Competitive Advantage Expert. Her passion for the topic began early in her career when a professional development requested she present on Michael Porter’s acclaimed competitive advantage theory. While preparing, Jaynie recognized that many companies exhibited similar tendencies that prevented them from achieving a competitive advantage. She spent years modernizing the topic and developed a process that teaches companies what really constitutes a competitive advantage in today’s environment and how to achieve that in business.
The competitive advantage process was the starting point for Smart Advantage, Inc. – Jaynie Smith’s marketing and management consultancy located in Fort Lauderdale, FL. The consulting firm has lead over 150 companies through their proprietary process, which uncovers competitive advantages to differentiate clients from their competition; past client results include growth of 10-40% within 12 months of implementation.
The compilation of Jaynie’s years of “in the trenches” research and processes are defined in her best-selling business book Creating Competitive Advantage (Doubleday, 2006), and its companion Relevant Selling (Executive Suite Press, 2012).
Jaynie has moved on from consulting and now focuses on traveling the globe to present her competitive advantage concepts to companies, associations and CEO groups in the form of keynotes and workshops. Her revolutionary value selling concepts enlighten even the most seasoned business professionals, inspiring them to create a newly targeted content marketing strategy that helps put their business ahead of the competition.
- Author of the best-selling business book Creating Competitive Advantage, published by Doubleday Currency (2006) – now in its 16th printing – and Relevant Selling, published by Executive Suite Press (2012) and in going into its 3rd printing.
- 40,000+ hours experience as a corporate consultant
- 17 Top Performer Awards for CEO coaching
- 20+ years experience working with Fortune 500 companies
- Featured in Entrepreneur, Industry Week, Investor’s Business Daily, NY Enterprise Report, Business Strategies Magazine, Sales and Service Excellence, Profit Magazine, New York Times, PGA Magazine, Whole Foods Magazine among many other magazines and newspapers
- Appeared on several TV business shows including FoxBusiness.com, ABC World News This Morning & MSNBC
- Hosted Mind Your Biz Today on 880AM The Biz – Online radio show offering business advice for South Florida’s only business radio station.
- Selected by TEC/Vistage, an organization of 14,000 CEOs worldwide, as one of the 50 most influential people of their first 50 years
- Her Competitive Advantage proprietary workshop was selected as one of the leading new courses for the 2007 curriculum for the American Management Association
- Selected to deliver Microsoft Office Live Seminars 2007 with speakers such as Michael Gerber, Stephen Covey, Marshall Goldsmith, Jack Canfield & Jim Kouzes
- Guest on Bloomberg Radio, WABC Radio “Brinker Show,”& NPR affiliate WLRN among scores of other radio shows
- Featured in telecast with Jay Conrad Levinson of Guerrilla Marketing Association
- Contributing Business Expert Columnist to Affluent Magazine
Learn about Jaynie's Competitive Advantage Expertise